Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 431.94
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 16), branch: master, commit date: 2019-11-20 14:27, hash: rB26bd5ebd42e3
Short description of error
The boolean modifier doesn't create proper geometry on areas where the two objects are flush.
I don't know if this can be considered a bug because, as far as I remember, it has always been present. Maybe it's a limit of the implemented algorithm, but the same scenario works in other software (like 3dsmax).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- From the default startup file, add a default cylinder
- Move the cylinder 1 blender unit on x axis
- Hide the cylinder
- Select the default cube and add a boolean modifier
- Set the cylinder in the "Object" field
- Cycle through the operations to see different errors
Here some pictures:
You can try to apply the modifier and inspect the geometry.
Let me know if I'm telling nonsense or that's legit.
If the second, I hope a solution can be found, since I work in 3D printing and I heavily rely on boolean modifiers.
Thank you in advance.