Operating system: Linux-5.4.2-arch1-1-x86_64-with-glibc2.29 64 Bits
Graphics card: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2) Intel Open Source Technology Center 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 19.2.7
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 16), branch: makepkg, commit date: 2019-12-04 11:32, hash: rBf1aa4d18d49d
Short description of error
Using gpu module in CustomRenderEngine render function causes segfault
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open attached blendfile
- Run the python script from text editor
- it is based on the example https://docs.blender.org/api/current/bpy.types.RenderEngine.html
- only difference is, importing gpu module and doing a gpu.matrix.push_pop() in the render function
- also added faulthandler to see where it crashes
- change render engine to custom
- hit f12 (blender crashes)
Is the GPU module not suited for use in CustomRenderEngine ?
Also testet drawing a gpu.types.GPUBatch to a framebuffer object without doing matrix.push_pop(), it also caused a segfault. The matrix thing is just the simplest case to reproduce.