Operating system: OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB
Broken: Version 2.81 (2.81 2019-11-20)
Worked: Version 2.80
Short description of error
3d viewports are completely broken on OSX.
- Wireframe doesn't work. Only shows outline of the mesh.
- Objects are culled behind each other in wireframe mode
- Material preview doesn't show any meshes
- Eevee doesn't render any meshes in viewport
- Solid mode doesn't show wireframe
- Meshes cannot be selected from viewport. Lights and cameras can be selected. Sometimes curves can be selected sometimes not.
- Curves do not appear at all not even in edit mode
Blender practically became impossible to use after 2.81 because of this. I have tried everything and haven't found a fix for this.
- I have re-installed Blender 2.81 multiple times
- I have restored factory settings
- This problem appeared with Blender 2.81 and got worse with the latest OSX update.
- The problem doesn't go away by tweaking any settings or selecting different options for viewports.
- Sometimes when you have two 3d viewports on the screen at the same time on of them works and one doesn't
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Open Blender -> Broken
Alternatively: Open Blender -> Add meshes and add materials -> Broken
Sometimes viewports work for a while. Sometimes restarting blender helps for a second. After you select a mesh from viewport for the first time it usually gets broken right away.
I have the same problem on 2 different iMacs. The other one is the lates iMac PRO so this is not just an individual driver problem.