Operating system & Graphics card, see
Broken: 2.81-windows64 and daily build: 2.82-33eabb82207e-windows64, master, 2019-12-25
Short description of error
I run an animation where one of the objects are animated by loading premade stl files. The stl loading process starts at frame 500. The first stl is loaded and rendered correctly and produces a correct png file for frame 500. At frame 501 or a bit later, Blender crashes and exits to Windows. The debug output reveal that a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION has occured. See
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Download this blend file to a directory:
- Download this collection of stl files to same folder as blend file
A directory named isoSurface should exist next to the blend file and isoSurface should contain 8 subdirectories with names: 4.944,4.952,4.959,4.967,4.975,4.983,4.992,5
Each of these directories contains a single stl file.
- Open Blender
- Load A.blend
- Run internal script: stlbyframe.py by pressing "Run Script" in Scripting workspace
- Press Render Animation (CTRL+F12)
- A crash will most likely happen before frame 509.