Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 431.86
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 6), branch: master, commit date: 2020-01-15 21:07, hash: rB689a873029b9
Short description of error
[Repeated (but inconsistent) crashes when trying to bake either sim, or occasionally if that works, when trying to bake noise: with Adaptive Domain enabled.
This has been my experience since starting to use Mantaflow in 2.82Beta and 2.83Alpha (yesterday basically).]
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
[Bake the attached with and without Adaptive Domain enabled and see what happens.
Here's a (very dull) recording of what I'm seeing-
I've speeded up the really dull bits (all the crash & re-starts & the inevitable 'change the cache folder, so you don't fill your C: drive' bit), so you've only got 5 minutes worth, but the source timecode shows the real-time from the original.
Like I said - it's very inconsistent, it even goes all the way through once- baking both the sim and the noise with Adaptive enabled. (Correction- I've watched the video again and it does not bake both sim & noise all the way through with Adaptive enabled, but I have managed it once or twice, in fact I managed it for my most recent post about T69870)
But basically that's 6 crashes in 6 and a half minutes. I've honestly never experienced Mantaflow to be this flakey in the 6 or 7 months I've been using it.
It does not crash like this on my machines using the 26-11-2019 mantaflow-branch build (AFAIK the most solid build I've had overall).
And my system runs Davinci Studio, Fusion Studio, Agisoft Metashape and most other things without any massive issues.]
[Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible)
here's the scene file-