Page MenuHome

Mantaflow > Liquid: Enabling Initial Velocity on Inflow / Outflow crashes Blender
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

System Information
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 441.87

Blender Version
Broken: version: 2.83 (sub 1), branch: master, commit date: 2020-01-21 21:00, hash: rBddda1af97afc
Worked: (optional)

Short description of error
Trying to enable the Initial Velocity option on Inflow / Outflow tabs crashes Blender. Older blend files that have this option enabled also crash Blender upon load.

Exact steps for others to reproduce the error

  • Create An Object. Enable Fluid and set it to Domain.
  • Create Another Object.
  • Enable Fluid
  • Flow Type: Liquid
  • Flow Behavior: Inflow or Outflow
  • Try to enable > Initial Velocity.
  • Crash.

A Test Blend to repro the crash is available here: https://developer.blender.org/F8294458

Event Timeline

Jacques Lucke (JacquesLucke) changed the task status from Needs Triage to Needs Information from User.Jan 22 2020, 10:55 AM

Seems to work for me in the latest build.
Can you provide a simple .blend file, that is saved right before crash happens?

Hey Jacques,

Here's a blend file. Trying to enable the Initial Velocity option on the Circle object crashes Blender.

Blend File:

I can reproduce it in that file, thanks. Apparently, you also hat to setup a domain object to make it crash (if I remove it, it does not crash). Please update the initial post to include all the steps needed to reproduce this crash. Also put a link to the file in the initial post.

Wykrhm Reddy (wykrhm) updated the task description. (Show Details)

Ah. I updated the OP with the necessary details and link to the blend file. Thanks for looking into it.

_PyUnicode_AsUTF8String(PyObject * unicode, const char * errors) (/home/sergey/Developer/build_linux/deps/build/python/src/external_python/Objects/unicodeobject.c:5188)
pyObjectToString(PyObject * inputObject) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/intern/mantaflow/intern/MANTA_main.cpp:2058)
MANTA::updatePointers(MANTA * const this) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/intern/mantaflow/intern/MANTA_main.cpp:2577)
manta_ensure_invelocity(MANTA * fluid, FluidModifierData * mmd) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/intern/mantaflow/intern/manta_fluid_API.cpp:59)
update_flowsflags(FluidDomainSettings * mds, Object ** flowobjs, int numflowobj) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/fluid.c:2577)
BKE_fluid_modifier_processDomain(FluidModifierData * mmd, Depsgraph * depsgraph, Scene * scene, Object * ob, Mesh * me, const int scene_framenr) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/fluid.c:3532)
BKE_fluid_modifier_process(FluidModifierData * mmd, Depsgraph * depsgraph, Scene * scene, Object * ob, Mesh * me) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/fluid.c:3804)
BKE_fluid_modifier_do(FluidModifierData * mmd, Depsgraph * depsgraph, Scene * scene, Object * ob, Mesh * me) (/home/jacques/blender-git/blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/fluid.c:3816)

Looks like callPythonFunction unexpectedly returns null.

Jacques Lucke (JacquesLucke) changed the task status from Needs Information from User to Confirmed.Jan 22 2020, 11:09 AM

6c50e82efb3e broke it, should be fixed now!