Operating system: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 64 Bits
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series ATI Technologies Inc. 4.5.13417 Core Profile Context 15.301.1901.0
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 5), branch: master, commit date: 2019-12-13 20:35, hash: rBc6ba94133934
Short description of error
The "Strength" brush in Grease Pencil Sculpt Mode does not work unless the radius is turned very high.
This bug seems to be specific to my setup in some way, as other users I've asked don't encounter it.
I first noticed this bug using an early build of 2.81. The strength sculpt tool worked properly in 2.80. I tried the current beta of 2.82 and the 2.83, and the bug still persists
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a new "2D Animation" file
- Draw a Grease Pencil line
- Go into Grease Pencil sculpt mode
- Select the "Strength" tool
- Using various settings of brush strength, "add" or "substract", fall off or pressure, try sculpting the strength of the line drawn in 2.
- The strength (opacity) should barely change, mostly not at all.
- Turn up the brush size to something around 300px
- Try sculpting the strength of the line. It should now react as expected.
Here are a few files I saved testing the bug. The first file is from 2.80 where Strength sculpt worked as expected, the others are from later versions where the bug occurs: