Creating this design task as there are unresolved issues with D6322: Mesh: Select through which are more design issues.
This is a place holder, some topics to address:
- Where this option is stored, accessed?
- Which selection tools/operators should use this?
- Which modes this should be supported in (edit, pose, grease pencil... etc)
- How to display this option when in wire-frame display (when the user will always select-through)
- How to access this from both active-tools & key-bindings?
- How to make it obvious selecting-trough is enabled (draw style, cursor - this might help avoid confusion).
- Should this be supported in object mode too?(the reverse since objects already select-through), IIRC we discussed having this option for box select too.
Note that there are topics being raised which relate to select-through, but might be best treated as separate topics since we could change behavior here with or without select-through.
- Current behavior of X-ray.
- Current usability toggling X-ray (Z-drag or Alt-Z).
- Selecting faces by their centers.
- Lasso select using object centers T64281: Option to lasso-select using geometry instead of object centers..