Page MenuHome

[naming] Rip Edge vs Rip Vertices and Extend
Closed, ArchivedPublic


It seems there is inconsistency in the naming of the Rip tool.

In the toolbar, it's called Rip Region and Rip Edge.

In the menu:

Additionally, there are a couple of things that seem confusing to me:

  1. Rip Region does not describe what the tool does precisely, as it rips vertices and edges only.
  1. Rip Edge does not rip edges, but vertices; technically you can rip an edge, but you don't want to ;)
  1. the name of the tool: "Rip Vertices", but the description says: "Rip polygons."
  1. there is no equivalent in the Edge menu, eg. "Rip Edge and Extend"

P.S. I've just discovered there is a UI Paper Cuts topic in the Forums, so if I should have posted this issue there, I apologize! ;)

Event Timeline

Agree these names are confusing. If you have a better suggestion. feel free to comment on this task:

Until then, I will have to close this report since it's not a bug.