Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 432.00
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 16), branch: master, commit date: 2019-12-04 11:32, hash: rBf1aa4d18d49d
Short description of error
When in the Solid viewport renderer, textures with 'Closest' interpolation display artifacts around the edges of texels when viewed at an angle.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
From default startup file:
- Set Viewport rendering to 'Solid'
- Under the additional viewport shading dropdown, set 'Color' to 'Texture'
- Select default cube, change 'Base Color' to use an Image Texture, and select a small texture with high contrast
- Set texture interpolation to 'Closest'
- Pan around the viewport and look at texels where there is harsh contrast. There should be noticable artifacts on the textures.
From attached .blend file:
- Pan around model, paying particular attention to the darker areas on the side of the bottle
Note that the effect is more pronounced if Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering are disabled in the preferences.