Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce MX130/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 442.19
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 7), branch: master, commit date: 2020-02-12 16:20, hash: rB77d23b0bd76f
Worked: version 2.82 beta (daily build from 2020-01-21, Hash: bda0c0847b5e)
Short description of error
I noticed that Mantaflow does not bake the liquid particles with plane shaped flow object.
I also tested this on a beta version I downloaded back in 2020-01-21, and it works in the beta with planes, I wonder why that's the case.
(This is edited, so that the solidify modifier is removed. And I still believe it is valid since the beta did work, even with 64 resolution divisions.)
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Based on the attacked .blend file, which is a domain with a circular plane in it.
- Select the domain, and hit "bake data", after baking, it remains unchanged, no particles show up.
- Free the data. Close the stable version.
- Open up the attched .zip file, and run blender.exe in it. This is the beta version from 2020-01-21 (Yeah it's a little bit large, I am sorry.)
- Open the attached .blend file with it, and bake again
- You can see it is actually baking.