Status: To be confirmed
Big picture: Improvement of existing features and implementation of new ones for precision modeling.
- Architectural works.
- Interior design.
- Mechanical design.
- Unified Snapping system for tools.
- More options for controlling the point of origin and the point of destination of a transformation.
- Changes concentrated on bf_editor_transform and bf_editor_mesh.
- Implementation of common snapping utilities for gizmos.
Minor changes and improvements.
Time estimate: ?
- Improvement of existing Features.
- T66420: Snap Options: Midpoints and Perpendicular
- T66423: Edit Mesh: Improve 'AutoMerge'
- T66424: Transform Tools: Perform on a base point
- T66422: Transform: Snap to the intersection geometry with the axis constraint
- T66426: Edge and Vertex sliding: snapping improvements
- T73591: Transform: Snap to the visualized cage of the edited mesh
- T66425: Tools suport for extended modes: Knife and Bisect
- T69342: Snapping: Make 'Absolute Grid Snapping' a new Snap Mode
- T66427: Snap to Grid in Perspective View performed only at ground level
- Change the current behavior of the incremental snap
- Snapping according to the distance to the snapping point and not to the grid
- Make the incremental value adjustable
- New Features.
- New tool for "drawing" edges on a specific offset
Time estimate: ?
- T70865: Vertex snapping ignores verts belonging to a lattice
- T69209: Snap does not work properly with "Surface" object
- T73031: snap cursor to selected ignores geometry position with modifiers
- D6912: Transform: Add Live Orientation Mode
- Hot mode switch: Ability to switch snap type during using tools via hotkeys
- New 'Snap With': Cursor
- Improve interface drawing of the 'Snap With' Closest (drawing boundbox)
- Support for snapping to Lattice objects
Implemented in the branch:
- Transform: Snap to the intersection geometry with the axis constraint
- Vertex sliding: snapping improvements
- Tools suport for extended modes: Knife
- Snapping: Make 'Absolute Grid Snapping' a new Snap Mode
- Snap to Grid in Perspective View performed only at ground level
- Transform Tools: Perform on a base point