There are several issues with the selection synchronisation mechanism between pose bones (and shader nodes) and animation channels (in the dope sheet etc.). This task aims to provide an improved implementation of this sync to address these reports:
- T48145: All bone drivers selected when reselecting bone
- T58718: Clicking on Dope Sheet deselects all bones
- T62463: Skeleton rig with keyframes prevents selection of Shader Nodetree channels in Dope Sheet and Graph Editor
- T71615: Select key in dopesheet deselect bone in the viewport
- T73215: Blender autokeying deselects objects channels but not Armatures.
@Hjalti Hjálmarsson (hjalti) mentioned that it's probably better to synchronise less, that is, have the selections more separate. I'll talk with him, @Pablo Fournier (pablico), and @Demeter Dzadik (Mets) in the Blender studio to come up with an initial proposal, which can then be fine-tuned here.
For me the trigger to start working on this was T62463: Skeleton rig with keyframes prevents selection of Shader Nodetree channels in Dope Sheet and Graph Editor; in that situation it's really impossible to select certain channels.