Operating system: Win 10
Graphics card: Dual RTX Titans
Broken: Blender 2.82
Short description of error
With adaptive domain enabled, noticeable horizontal (and sometimes vertical) lines appear in the smoke
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Simple blend file:
- Create a large box and set it as a gas domain.
- Create a small object as the Flow (both 'smoke' and 'fire' reproduce it)
- Put the flow object near the bottom of the domain
- Enable Adaptive Domain
- You should see lines like this:
- Turn off adaptive. Not only will the smoke move faster creating a totally different looking simulation (which is problem in itself) but the lines will be gone:
It's most noticeable when the domain is large, and the adaptive box is only a small portion of it.
Increasing the adaptive margin to 24 helps somewhat, but it's still there. Any higher and it defeats the purpose of adaptive - baking takes as long as just turning it off.