Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 441.87
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 7), branch: master, commit date: 2020-02-12 16:20, hash: rB77d23b0bd76f
Short description of error
The bug originally reported here https://developer.blender.org/T74284 which has been irresponsibly ignored has even more dangerous side effects. When using Blender's image editor to edit and save images, each time image is saved, Image Texture node color space is reset.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a new image datablock
- Edit it using Blender's image editor
- Save it as an external image file (JPG)
- Load this externally saved image file as an image texture
- Set image texture color space to anything else than sRGB (default)
- Resave the image from the Image Editor
Result: Color Space of the loaded texture gets reset to sRGB
Expected: Color Space never changes once set up by user.
This issue make it impossible to reliably use any non sRGB image data authored by Blender in Blender.