Operating system: Windows 10, 64bit
Graphics card: none (CPU)
Broken: (v 2.82a) and also (v 2.83 Alpha, Date 2020-03-18 17:16, Hash c9c08dc7c873)
Short description of error
Possibly any operation in 3D Viewport jumps, if the mouse pointer crosses a corner (not only an edge) of the 3D Viewport window.
Typical scenario: I have zoomed in a lot to edit a detail, and I'm moving an object to the screen center using the Move the view tool. If my mouse cursor crosses the 3D Viewport window corner, the object jumps out of sight (disappears).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Start Blender
- Choose 2D Animation on the splash screen (-> 2D Animation starts in camera view and draw mode)
- Zoom out as far as possible (-> you'll see things jump, and not just dissapear)
- Enable Display Cursor (-> seeing the cursor makes it easier to intentionally hit the corner)
- Press the Move the view tool to move the camera view.
- Drag the cursor across the window corner with reasonable speed (-> fast to easier hit the corner, slow to distinguish a jump from jerky mouse movement)
- It's not quite easy to exactly hit the window corner. I correct my motion, if I see the cursor pass in the top left or bottom right corner. With practice, I get a jump about every 10th time, I pass the corner.
- If a jump occurs, the (fully zoomed out) camera view suddenly jumps to one of the edges of the window.
This happens to me not only with draw mode, camera view and Move the view tool, but likely with any mode, view and tool of the 3D Viewport, that sometimes makes me cross the window corner. I did observe it using
- Move the view tool
- Zoom in/out the view tool
- G-key command to move things
- camera view
- 3d view
- draw mode
- edit mode
- maybe object mode