Operating system: Linux-5.3.0-42-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 435.21
Broken: version: 2.83 (sub 10), branch: master, commit date: 2020-03-19 21:12, hash: rBd2c3544c5cb0
Short description of error
The title says it all: When I add a Gaussian Burr, any new selection will immediately trigger the problem.. Be careful when testing: Within seconds, Blender consumes all my memory (16GB) and locks up the computer. Not even the mouse moves any more, I need to reboot.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Start a new project in VSE mode
- Add any strip - even a color strip will do
- Add the effect strip "Gaussian Blur"
- Select the color strip (from 2.) and add strip modifier "Mask"
- Set "Mask Input Type" to "Strip" and set Maks to "Gaussian Blur"
- So far so good. Now, if I move cursor to a different position in the strip, Blender locks up within seconds. I have a memory widget on my toolbar, where I can see how within 2-3 seconds, all memory is consumed. At this point, the mouse locks up. I can't even switch to the console any more. I have to restart the computer using the power button.