Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 442.19
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 7), branch: master, commit date: 2020-03-12 05:06, hash: rB375c7dc4caf4
Short description of error
I had some files where the Linked Library Overide Armature lost it's skinning when I opened them in this version of Blender.
(The linked armature had been moved into a different collection).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- from a new scene, make a link to the supplied Cletus_rig.blend file.
- from the link options select 'Collection' as type, and select the 'Cletus_rig' collection.
- create a new collection in the scene called 'TestCollection'.
- select the linked collection, and go to Object/relationships/Make Library Override
- in the popup window select the 'Armature' object.
- save the scene to a tempory file.
- create a new scene.
- re-open the tempory scene.
- grab the armature, go into pose mode, grab an arm and rotate, skinning will be lost.