At the moment some pages in the Blender manual show images from Blender 2.7X. I will attempt to go through as many pages as possible and update these images to match more recent versions of Blender. If I don't know how a feature works and as a result can't replicate the image, then I will make a note of it here and let someone else update it.
This is simply a quality of life feature. Many of these images still show settings available in later versions of Blender, but it may confuse some new users.
While searching for these images, I will also check to see if the pages that contains the images also contain outdated information like incorrect menu locations or old keyboard shortcuts and fix them where possible.
I will also submit this fix as a series of patches, breaking the patch up into the sections defined in the manual (Getting started, User interface, Editors, etc).
- User Interface Text: rBM6496, rBM6501
- User Interface Images: rBM6491, rBM6504
- Editors Text (Partially done): rBM6498, rBM6507, rBM6507, rBM6540
- Editors Images (Partially done): rBM6497, rBM6506, rBM6539
- Scenes and Objects Text: rBM6545
- Scenes and Objects Images: rBM6544
- Modelling Text: -
- Modelling Images: -
- Sculpting and Painting Text: -
- Sculpting and Painting Images: -
- Grease Pencil Text: -
- Grease Pencil Images: -
- Animation and Rigging Text: -
- Animation and Rigging images: -
- Physics Text: -
- Physics Images: -
- Rendering Text: rBM6578, rBM6600, rBM6630
- Rendering Images: rBM6577, rBM6599, rBM6629
- Compositing Text: rBM6655, rBM6678
- Compositing Images: rBM6654, rBM6677
- Tracking and Masking Text: -
- Tracking and Masking Images: -
- Video Editing Text: -
- Video Editing Images: -
Others (E.G. Addons): Outside of my knowledge.
Sections I haven't updated (Primarily due to a lack of knowledge on my part):
|Section||Part that needs updating|
|Editors->Dope Sheet||Text needs to be checked.|
|Editors->NLA||Entire sections text and images needs to be checked.|
|Editors->File Browser||Entire page needs updating for the 2.82 file browser T73319.|
|Scenes and objects->Objects->Editing->Relations||Text needs to be checked.|
|Render->Eevee->Materials->Nodes Support||Node support needs to be checked over by someone with more experience with EEVEE. This information should be fairly up to date.|
|Render->Render output||All the images seem up to date, the text needs to be checked over by someone more knowledgeable|