Operating system: Manjaro / Windows 10 - 64 bit
Graphics card: tested on both ATI R7 370 and Nvidia cards. (don't think its graphic related :))
Broken: 2.82 official - 2.82v7 and 2.82a
Worked: Not sure
Short description of error
After linking a collection with asset to your scene and making relations -> library override -> adding modifier and saving your scene - works. Then delete the modified you just added and save the scene to another place -> crashes and cannot open the scene. Seems like the data block of the modifier once created messes up if deleted on loading the scene.
To reproduce the error
- Create a cube, and extract some faces or make some changes to if you want. Then save the scene to AssetReference and close.
- New scene, delete all objects and Link your AssetReference scene the main collection then Make Library Override on the cube object. Save the scene to Master_v01
- Add Subdiv Surf to the linked cube in Master_v01 and save. Reopening the scene now opens correctly with the cube with added Subdiv Surf...
- Remove the Subdiv modifier of the cube and save as Master_v2.
- The scene Master_v2 cannot open and crashes Blender.
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible).