This task proposes all operators should be available in menus.
As of 2.90, the operator search functionality no longer lists all available operators, instead, it expends menus, see T74157: Use menus for operator search & various improvements.
From replies to this task, some users/developers were only accessing operators via search, so scanning menus made some operators un-searchable.
Instead of considering this something to be fixed, this task proposes that operators which users may want to access from search, also be included in menus.
- Popovers could be included in the menu search as well.
- Internal operators (operators with INTERNAL flag set).
- User interface operators (re-ordering constraints, modifiers for e.g).
- Some interactive operators which only make sense to activate interactively (SCULPT_OT_brush_stroke).
- Operators which don't work or don't make sense in the given context (operators from other editors, other modes etc)
There is a utility to report operators not yet exposed by menu search.
This can be generated using: ./source/tools/utils_maintenance/blender_menu_search_coverage.py
This paste shows it's output at the time of writing P1618