Operating system: Linux-5.6.8-300.fc32.x86_64-x86_64-with-fedora-32-Thirty_Two 64 Bits
Graphics card: Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (KBL GT2) Intel 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.0.5
Broken: version: 2.90 (sub 0), branch: master, commit date: 2020-05-02 04:12, hash: rB03b911dd8776
Worked: Blender 2.83 all builds
Short description of error
I'm using Gnome on X11, my Dell X15 laptop has intel gfx and nvidia gfx, with prime environments to switch. I was mistaken earlier (I think) - it seems the problem is restricted to the intel card.
When testing Blender 2.90 on my intel gfx card, eventually blender will *appear to* freeze, with some of the ui elements blinking (like the axis widget). When this happens, I can still see my mouse cursor but can't click on anything else. (I'm using the Gnome desktop environment) alt-tab / etc. don't work. so I can't do anything in the gui anymore. I tried ctrl-alt-F3 to go into a new tty (it worked) but ps -A doesn't seem to show blender on the running processes. going back to my session, it now appears black with a messed up cursor. I go back to the console tty and do a restart.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- In a setup like mine using prime nvidia / intel, start blender 2.9 without the nvidia environment variables
- Use the annotation tool - this seems the fastest way for me to trigger the bug but it may be not the only way.
- Blender stops responding seemingly and some interface elements (the navigation gizmo for example) starts blinking
- The rest of the desktop interface is now not responding visually to mouse clicks, though the cursor is moving, and it looks ok (just static, but not much glitching)
- ctrl alt F3
- log into tty 3and ps -A
- blender seems like it is still running
- ctrl alt F1 - gdm looks ok
- ctrl alt F2 , then alt F2 follwed by r (restart gnome shell) doesn't seem to work
- my session is now totally black with a glitch cursor