Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit 1909 build 18363.778
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB & AMD Radeon 5700 flashed to XT firmware
Worked: eaee2b411935^ (caused by rBeaee2b411935)
Short description of error
Control-V Paste 2nd usage in a row with object selected crashes Blender to desktop
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Pressing Control+C to copy a strip object in video editor. Then paste to a new copy. Then paste a second copy. Don't unselect pasted items. Results in crashed Blender.
I've had this same issue occur when doing 2 undos in a row as well.
Had it occur again after initial report submission but this time I had copied, pasted, copied initial object, pasted a second time successfully. But then pressing "space" to continue playback caused crash.
Was able to complete and export the render as long as I was very careful to save before any possible affected actions (with 3 more crashes during editing).
- Link to unlisted Youtube of crash session: https://youtu.be/Vsz5yQpni7U
- Googled a few times trying to find replication but only found older (2018) reports with either no fix or stating fixed.
- Attached: system-info.txt & .blend file
- The blender window is on the monitor driven by the 5700 card. 1060 card is used for encoding and driving 2 side monitors. System-info.txt should show this detail but I have OpenCL disabled (was the first thing I tried to do when the crash happened, so it also occurs when OpenCL is also enabled).
- This is a new download + install of Blender, just giving it a try as a free video editor, haven't been using Blender much since the 2.79 days and this PC didn't exist then