Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1660/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 441.28
Broken: version: 2.83.0, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-03 14:38, hash: rB211b6c29f771
Short description of error
Dupplicated objects are created (but not visible) when reloading a linked library.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a blender file with just a cube and save it
- Create a new blender file, delete the default cube and link the other cube
- File -> Link -> (select file) -> Object -> Cube
- Reload the library
- Select "Blender File" from the "Scenes", "View Layer", etc dropdown
- Select the linked file and click "Reload"
This error message shows on the bottom:
Lib Reload: Replacing all references to old data-block 'OBCube' by reloaded one failed, old one (2 remaining users) had to be kept and was renamed to 'OBCube~000'
The blend file will show repeated objects as shown in the attached screenshot.