Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Home 64 bits
CPU: Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics card: GeForce GT 630M/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA drivers 391.35 and 369.09
Blender 2.83.0, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-03 14:38, hash: rB211b6c29f771
Blender 2.90.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-20 22:15, hash: rBa7f1c68938f9
Worked: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Linux-5.4.0-37-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid 64 Bits NVIDIA driver 390.132
Short description of error
After resizing a panel in the Sequencer/Preview menu on the Video Sequence Editor and playing the timeline, Blender crashes. The issue seems to not happen on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, though.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open either Blender 2.83.0 or Blender 2.90.0 Alpha.
- Pick the Video Editing workspace.
- Change either the top or bottom video sequencer to "Sequencer/Preview".
- Press Ctrl + Spacebar to maximize the panel.
- Increase the size of the preview panel until it becomes large enough.
- Press Ctrl + Spacebar to go back to all panels.
- Press the spacebar key to play the timeline.
- Watch blender crashing.
Here is a video showing the crash procedure:
System info for 2.83.0:
System info for 2.90.0: