Operating system: Darwin-19.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit 64 Bits
Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M OpenGL Engine ATI Technologies Inc. 4.1 ATI-3.9.15
Broken: version: 2.83.0, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-03 14:38, hash: rB211b6c29f771
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
I was trying out the Library Overrides system and realized that I couldn't turn on the "In Front" Viewport Display option after I linked in a character and started animating (by making a library override of the rig). Both the Object level "In Front" and the Armature level "In Front" are grayed out with the message "Disabled: Can't edit this property from an override data block"
At the Armature level I noticed that the rig was still "direct linked" (i.e. not using an override), so I thought I would try Shift-Clicking the chain-link icon next to the Armature name to add an override their too to see if that would let me make the rig draw "In Front" but the checkbox remained grayed out, so I hit Undo.
That's when Blender Crashed.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- From the default scene, delete everything and add an Armature Object.
- Save the file as character.blend
- Make a new default scene, delete everything and link in the one and only Collection from test_character.blend
- Save this file as shot.blend
- Add a library override and choose the Armature as the thing to override.
- Go to the Armature tab in the Properties Editor
- Shift Click the chain-link icon to add a Library Override.
I've tested this with a small team of 3, all on PCs and everyone experienced the same crash at the moment of undo.