Operating system: windows 10
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970
Worked: Not found: 2.82a gives another wrong result (pink rectangle instead of image)
Short description of error
When a video clip is used as a background image for cameras, in the 3D scene, a property named Proxy Render Size appears in the Camera Background Images panel. It is supposed to allow the user to use a low resolution of the video. when changing the value of this parameter - From full or 100% (difference?) to 25% we should see in the viewport a degradation of the image quality (more pixelised). In practice nothing changes, whatever the value.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file:
- Create a camera and select it.
- Go to the Data Properties panel, in the Background Images subpanel clic on the button Add Image, then on the button Movie Clip.
- Clic on the button Open to open a file browser, get a video clip (I used a .mp4 of res 1280 x 720, provided in the zip file)
- Set the camera as the active view in the 3D Viewport and display the background. It should appear at 100% quality.
- Now change the proxy Render Setting value to 25%. Nothing changes in the scene, the quality of the video is the same. The experted behavior is to see a more pixelized image.
- If you jog into the timeline the quality is still the high res one. If you save and reload the file then on other values than 100% you get flashing pink rectangles instead of the expected proxy.
Save System Info file is provided in the Zip file.