Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 446.14
Broken: version: 2.90.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-25 21:53, hash: rB62aa103d485f
Introduced in rBad6cccf058d0
Short description of error
Duplicating parenting objects worked in wrong way. If we make parent objects one to each other in simple hierarchy and duplicate they it broke hierarchy in a crazy way. Same thing happen if we have objects with mirror modifier which use "mirror object" as axis and those objects parented to another object or Empty.
Watch the video below, please!
Version 2.83.1 doesn't have any of these issues
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- make some cubes, maybe 4-5
- parent them to each other
- try select them all and duplicate
- also you may make some objects with mirror modifier which use "mirror object" as axis
- parent them to another object
- select them all and duplicate