Operating system: Linux-5.4.45-050445-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 450.36.06
Broken: version: 2.90.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-29 16:20, hash: rB5d31ef082057
Short description of error
A FLIP fluid mesh no longer renders with motion blur in Cycles despite the "Use Speed Vectors" option is checked.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Either open the attached blend file:
...or create a super simple scene yourself by adding a cube as a fluid domain, another cube inside it as inflow. Set both to be of fluid type. Under the "Mesh" options check "Use Speed Vectors" and also activate motion blur in Cycles.
- Go to frame 20 (where the falling liquid should show motion blur) and press F12
- No motion blur
- This exact workflow rendered with motion blur in 2.83.1 official
- Eevee also doesn't show motion blur
- If I open the cached VDB sequence in Houdini I can see a velocity field and vdb particles containing motion blur vectors.