- the ik is now ending before the knee.
- adding a shoulder-like bone corresponding to human thigh to extend the ik will not extend the b-bone and tweak setup. Tweaks are often used to simulate muscles and fix deformation issues and in this kind of setup the part with more muscle mass will not be tweakable at all. Moreover all the parenting/switching mechanism will not consider this pseudo-shoulder bone as real limb root for the domain options. If @Demeter Dzadik (Mets) setup should stay it will probably require either:
~~ - [ ] modify the basic copy (or add a new rig type) to support a simple b-bone split + tweak chain. In this case we could end having overlapping tweak controls on the knee.~~
- [ ] Create a rear_paw separate sample based on 5 bones as input including the first fk extra control that will inherit all the b-bone split parameter and tweaks from the general properties. - [ ] (double check) main control and all the parenting/switching mechanism should be moved to the first bone. There are also some minor issues that needs to be tackled:
- the foot ik control is not positioned correctly.
- Code the new rear_paw sample following design from attached blend file
- Replace the sample in horse metarig
- Test if other animal metarigs can benefit an upgrade
The controls naming is open to discussion. In my opinion naming should follow comparative anatomy (so human centric) because will make easier for the user understand the supposed usage of controls. Naming bones as in the animal anatomy can be confusing since most of terminology is obscure for basic users.