Operating system: Linux-5.4.0-42-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (HSW GT2) Intel Open Source Technology Center 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.0.8
Broken: version: 2.90.0 Beta, branch: master, commit date: 2020-08-05 21:36, hash: rBc5b6b3d82f56
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
After move or rename it a link file, you break dependencies in others files.
So, you need to use operator "find missing files".
But, if this link is overridden, after using"find missing files", you loose overridden data.
- Open T79591_main.blend
- See object Cube linked from T79591_src.blend and overridden (transform moved up in Z by 3)
- Close blender
- Move T79591_src.blend into the "moved" folder
- Open T79591_main.blend again (links are broken - this is expected)
- Use operator "find missing files" to restore link (no visual update here, this could also be improved...)
- Now, open again or revert, link is restored but no override is on the object cube (transform back at Z 0 -- this is unexpected)
1- Link a blend file (like collection), overrided data and save a new file.
2 - Move or rename the link file
3 - Open the saved file which contain the overrided data.
4 - Use operator "find missing files" to restore link and save.
5 - Now, open again or revert, link is restored but overrided data are lost.