Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 442.74
Broken: version: 2.83.4, branch: master, commit date: 2020-08-05 06:00, hash: rBc113af82881a
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
I have a hair particle system attached to a rigged mesh.
I have attached a screenshot of the modifier stack
The armature to which the mesh is rigged is animated.
When the animation plays, the rig moves, as does the mesh and the particle system.
The hair particles however do not rotate correctly as the animation plays through.
The rotation of the hair particles correct themselves when entering Weight Paint mode - the density and scale of the hair particles are controlled by two separate vertex groups.
I can consistently recreate the problem in 2.83.4 and 2.9.0.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
[Please describe the exact steps needed to reproduce the issue]
- Note the rotation of the teeth (this is the particle system). They are currently correct.
- Move from current frame (1) to the end of the animation (48).
- Note the new rotation of the teeth; they have moved to the correct position but are now pointing inwards, towards the inside of the throat.
- Make sure the mesh object is still selected (Lo_poly), and enter Weight Paint mode.
- Note that the teeth have corrected their rotations (are no longer pointed towards the inside of the throat).
- The problem can be reproduced again by jumping back to the frame 1 of the animation. The teeth will move back to their original position, but the rotations will once again be incorrect.
.blend file attached
Thanks in advance!