Status: Import SVG files inside grease pencil drawings.
Commissioner: @Antonio Vazquez (antoniov), @Matias Mendiola (mendio), @Daniel Martinez Lara (pepeland)
Project leader: @Antonio Vazquez (antoniov)
Project members: @Antonio Vazquez (antoniov), @Matias Mendiola (mendio), @Daniel Martinez Lara (pepeland), @Falk David (filedescriptor)
Big picture: This import will allow to import drawings doen in other softwares to be used in grease pencil.
- Import drawings done in other softwares.
- The Gradients and Textures will not be imported.
- For parsing SVG, NanoSVGopensource library is required.
- To do the import, a new C++ class will be added to the IO export module for grease pencil.
- The import needs the open source NanoSVG. https://github.com/memononen/nanosvg
After looking at several SVG parsers, we have decided to use NanoSVG because it's a very small library (only a header file) and covers all requirements. Other libraries are powerful and have a lot of features that we are not going to use never. Also, these other libraries are big and have a lot of dependencies.