These are all the problems i encounter when I want to render with my Rx 580 using OpenCL:
- In viewport, after writing kernel, render stucks at the first sample while overlays and other panels are still functional. And if you change the rendering mode to material preview, solid, or wireframe, and also if you change the render engine, Blender hangs and you should force stop it.
- The second problem with the viewport ( Which is less common than the previous one), is that it renders the scene but it shows an inaccurate AO pass ( by inaccurate I mean It's not exactly looks like AO pass, but it's somehow similar) instead of combined pass.
- While Rendering using F12, blender stucks at compiling render kernel. (happens randomly)
- While Rendering a heavy scene (with ~3000 static mesh particles) that half of it is sky and the other part is particles, When Tile is on the particles, it only renders 20-30 samples and stops rendering and blender stops responding if you click anywhere.
- Sometimes Rendering with OpenCL gives random artifacts, including but not limited to: a) Unwanted vertical lines b) odd tiles ( darker or brighter than others, or noisier) c) pixelated zigzag pattern stretched along x axis which affects gamma of the image d) unusual Fireflies
All of the problems started to happen after updating to 2.83 LTS and even they started appear in the previous versions!
These are the solutions I tried and none of them worked for me:
- I tried Adrenaline software 20.4.2, 20.7.2, 20.8.2 each time with a clean install
- I tried reinstalling windows on a new drive as I thought it might be a problem with my old HDD
After reinstalling the Windows, I first installed Blender 2.82.7 and it worked just fine, but right after installing 2.83.5, problems started to appear in both 2.83.5 and 2.82.7!
System and software information:
GPU: XFX Rx580 8GB
OS: Windows 10 1909 & 2004
Blender versions: 2.80.15, 2.81a, 2.82.7, 2.83.(0-5), 2.90