Operating system: Win7
Caused by rBdeaff945d0b9: Mesh: skip conversion from edit-mesh to mesh in edit-mode
Short description of error
When you create specific setup with two objects and with two modifiers and switch to Edit mode or UV edit mode, Blender crashes.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- create target object
- create object2 with modifiers Vertex Weight Proximity and Data Transfer
- create Vertex group for object2 and assign all vertices
- Set modifier Vertex Weight Proximity: set existed Vertex Group, set Target Object, set Proximity Mode - Geometry, set Geometry Face
- Set Data Transfer: set Source - target object, use Face Corner Data, switch to UVs
- Select target object and switch to Edit mode or UV edit mode - Blender crash
Blender may also crash when Custom Normals or Vertex Colors are used in Data Transfer modifier, but I cannot replicate it successfully.