Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics ATI Technologies Inc. 4.5.14736 Core Profile Context 20.8.3 27.20.12027.1001
Broken: version: 2.91.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-09-22 12:02, hash: rB8d1123ba220b
Worked: working in 2.90
Short description of error
When applying a subdivision modifier, certain UV's points disconnect from their neighbors. This does not seem to occur with the F3 menu subdivide operation.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open default blender scene.
- Subdivide cube - 1 level and apply it. Do this step 4x
- In the UV editor use "Alt select" to select face loops at random.
- Alt click around until a face loop is not fully completed, this will reveal unmerged vertices.
- Check area that did not complete by moving faces, vertices, edges etc to confirm unmerged UV's.
This does not seem to be an issue with the newly added rB9a52b30cc0de in my eyes, rather an issue with subdividing.