Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 451.67
Broken: version: 2.91.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-10-09 21:39, hash: rB7ab8d7c939e8
Broken: version: 2.91.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-08-25 19:28, hash: rB396d39c6b904
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
Eevee produces very noticeable screen space reflection artifacts in the form of a pattern of lines across the surface.
There's a few other open bugs about SSR (available upon request; didn't want to link them just yet) but none specifically about long lines across a surface like this and happening across viewport/render modes.
There's nothing strange about the surface or setup here:
- no custom normals, no modifiers
- material is a basic principled setup with average roughness
- occurs in the viewport and with proper renders
- occurs at high sample counts as well as trying to use 1 and regardless of if TAA is enabled or not
- occurs using both the "high res trace" as well as the default half-res SSR option
- does seem to occur more when using hdri's, both builtin and otherwise (hdri not included in the .blend but any should show the issue including the studio hdri's that are built in.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Use the attached .blend to see the issue
- The default material, with its color dragged to complete black, will show the issue even on the default cube
Bad artifacts in the viewport:
Bad artifacts with a real render: