Breadcrumbs will make it easier to identify which Object, Object Type, Modifier, and Node Group we are working on.
There is already a basic node tree path list at the bottom of the editor. This would be replaced with the design in this mockup.
- Move the breadcrumbs to the top left of the editor, like in the 3D view.
- Add the RNA struct icon to each item in the list
- Add more general context items, like the active object, and for geometry nodes, the active modifier. In other words, any context that defines what is displayed in the editor.
- Use > arrows rather than slashes
- Gray out context items except for the last in the list
Note that instead of the "mesh" icon for the first item, the mockup should probably use the "mesh object" icon.
See T82691 for more background.