Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 456.71
Broken: version: 2.90.1, branch: master, commit date: 2020-09-23 06:43, hash: rB3e85bb34d0d7
Also seems to be broken in 2.91.0
Short description of error
Naming vertex color attribute to word "Snout" or with a little variance of capital letters causes shader not to compile. If the attribute is named in full capitals such as "SNOUT" the shader can compile.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Use the default cube.
- Create a new vertex color attribute for it.
- Add some colors through vertex painting.
- Name the Attribute as "Snout" or snout.
- Create a material (use emissive) and plug the created vertex color attribute into the color input.
- Shader won't compile
- Rename vertex color "Snout" attribute to something else.
- Update material attribute input name to match the renamed one.
- Shader compiles again.