Operating system: Win 10
Graphics card: ATI Radeon 5700
Broken: (example: 2.92b, 213f8*, master, 2021-01-28, as found on the splash screen)
Short description of error
note: this is due to Fade Inactive Geometry being ON
When drawing grease pencil strokes with a black material the rendering style changes when...
- ...switching between draw-mode and edit mode, or
- ... toggling the overlay button in draw mode (even will all overlay options disabled).
This leads to noticeable rendering artifacts while drawing. Please consider the following screenshots:
- I assume that the blend modes are not correctly set and thus interfere with the MSAA.
- The white artifacts are especially pronounced for thin strokes of all opacities. Increasing the thickness factor slightly decreases the problem.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Load the following blender file
Step by step:
- Start blender
- Create Cube
- Create Grease Pencil
- Add new material for grease pencil and change to black
- Draw strokes (with different opacities)
- Switch between Draw and Object mode or toggle Overlay-Toggle