This task is intended to track breaking changes to be made for Blender 3.0
- Remove deform argument from BMesh.from_object (already listed as deprecated).
- Remove active_base (bpy.context.active_base)
All other access to the Base structure was removed, it seems this was left in by accident. None of the scripts or add-ons distributed with Blender use this.
- Remove IDPropertyGroup.iteritems
Rename the current iteritems method to items.
This was a hang-over from Python 2.x which used both methods for dictionary types, now defaulting to the iterable version in Python 3.0.
- Remove deprecated wiki_url handling from add-on's bl_info in favor of doc_url.
- Remove Context.region_data, Use Context.region.data instead (see: rB9cfb320208b6: RNA: add Region.data member to access RegionView3D)
- T80730: BGL deprecation (the GPU module needs to be further developed before a decision is made).
- Use keyword only arguments in the C/API, to avoid breaking scripts when changing arguments.
This change has already been applied to the RNA API, however some manual argument parsing doesn't use this.
see PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords (use regex "\"[^\n\|]\|[^\$][^\n]*\"," to find these cases).