Operating system: Linux-5.11.7-arch1-1-x86_64-with-glibc2.33 64 Bits
Graphics card: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (SKL GT2) Intel Open Source Technology Center 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.3.4
Broken: version: 2.92.0, branch: master, commit date: 2021-02-24 16:25, hash: rB02948a2cab44
Broken: version: 2.93.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2021-03-19 21:37, hash: rB3494946560c2
Short description of error
I have a texture with RGB channels set to 1 and alpha set to 0. When trying to use this texture with OSL, the alpha property (at least) of the image texture node does not work when the texture is unpacked. I set it to channel packed, expecting the color data to be always white. The problem is that when the texture is unpacked, the color data is black.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open the attached file.
- Set viewport shading to rendered.
- The plane shows as white (as it should).
- Unpack the texture.tga file.
- Toggle between preview and rendered viewport shading to refresh.
- The plane now shows as black.
- Pack the texture again.
- The plane shows as white again.