Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 456.71
Broken: version: 2.93.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2021-03-29 22:00, hash: rB91c44fe88547
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected) 2.92
Short description of error
Add mesh XYZ surface producing mesh inconsistent with previous official release. Adds "internal" geometry instead of completing the shape.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Enable "Extra Objects" add-in.
- Shift+A in 3d viewport, Math Function, XYZ surface.
- Enter the formula for a sphere:
- x equation: cos(u)*cos(v)
- y equation: sin(u)*cos(v)
- z equation: sin(v)
- umin: -pi/2
- umax: pi/2
- ustep: Optional value, used 72.
- vmin: -pi
- vmax: pi
- vstep: Optional value, used 72.
Problem is "fixed" if either of the two actions are performed:
- umax is set to pi/2+pi/[u step] (though this shouldn't matter, mathematically.)
- umin: 0, umax: pi
Both still result in potentially unwanted internal geometry. It is also a notable difference from previous rendition.