Operating system: Linux
Graphics card: Intel
Short description of error
When an object which has a mirror modifier using use_bisect_axis and mirror_object also has some degree of rotation and anisotropic scale across the mirror axis, the bisection plane appears in the wrong place:
It looks like the bisection plane is being offset in the object's space instead of in the mirror object's space.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add a cube and an empty to an empty scene.
- Add a mirror modifier to the cube.
- Set mirror_object on the mirror modifier to the empty and enable "X" for use_bisect_axis.
- Rotate the cube by any non-orthogonal angle around the global "Y" axis.
- Scale the cube by any significant amount around its local "X" xor "Z" axis.
Or just download and open the below file: