Operating system: Linux-5.11.15-arch1-2-x86_64-with-glibc2.33 64 Bits
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 465.24.02
Broken: version: 2.93.0 Beta, branch: master, commit date: 2021-04-17 19:55, hash: rB4bce9c5283e5
Short description of error
Eevee crashes with Blender when rendering motion blur and Displacement modifier
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Make sure Eevee is selected as render engine and enable Motion Blur with Steps set to 16
- Create a simple object with the following modifiers: Solidify; Subdivision; and Displacement
- Make sure to add a procedural texture to Displacement, such as Clouds
- Add fast animation to the simple object you created with rotations and translation
- Render either from interface, or command line
- It should crash either right after the first frame renders, or a few frames later with a Segmentation Fault and a /tmp/crash.txt
Note that removing the displacement modifier alleviates the issue, thus far. It's unclear if any other modifiers result in the same sort of crash.
Please, see the following file to replicate the problem.