Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 461.92
Broken: version: 2.93.1, branch: master, commit date: 2021-06-22 05:57, hash: rB1b8d33b18c2f
Short description of error:
I don't know if this is a bug or a limitation, when rendering with Cycles with Persistent Data and Motion Blur are enabled and there is an object with Displacement, the mesh will start to glitch. I tried also with a fixed camera and the result is the same.
|Persistent Data off||Persistent Data on|
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error:
open the attached .blend file and render the animation
- Create a new file.
- Change the render engine to Cycles and enable Motion Blur and the Persistent Data option.
- Create an object and give it a material, making sure you change the Displacement method for this material to Displacement Only
- In that material, attach something to the Displacement output of the node tree. A noise texture works.
- Ensure the object with the material created in the precious steps has enough geometry for the displacement to be noticeable.
- Render an animation with this setup and observe the mesh changing as the animation progresses, this should not be happened.