Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 457.63
Broken: version: 2.93.4, branch: master, commit date: 2021-08-31 09:23, hash: rBb7205031cec4
Probably caused by rB9516921c05bd: Overlay Engine: Refactor & Cleanup (this certainly broke between rBba1e9ae4733a & rBda6929488a64)
Short description of error
Camera background jitters on large scene offsets.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
To see the bug:
- Unzip and open the file [bug_camera-bg-jitter-offset_v001.blend]
- Select [SceneNode] in the [tracked_cam] collection, make sure Viewport Shading is in Material Preview-mode.
- Click "Play Animation" in the timeline.
- Look below in the Graph Editor. I have tracked a camera in another softwaware, imported it by FBX into Blender. Here to show the bug I have the tracked camera and its parent at origo and then at frame 300 I offset it all to x 100'000 by y 5'000 units. This to show the obvious jitter of the camera background at this extreme location.
- Happily, this does not affect the actual camera position, as I first thought. But it does affect the viewport renders, making it useless for previews on large scenes, like landscapes.
- Now you can switch between Material Preview and Rendered View and scrub the timeline to see the difference too.
Very best regards to all people in the team and greetings from Stockholm, Sweden,
Jonas Törnros (Bronze Dev. Fund contributor since dec. 2018)