It would be nice if Blender could detect the situation and notify the user (maybe offer to carry out the suggested solution).
Mar 26 2016
Mar 20 2016
Re-encoding with these formats were the only that gave issue with ffmpeg via CLI:
The best/quickest/easiest way to duplicate the bug is
Mar 18 2016
I tried re-encoding before blederizing and the result is the same. Audio and/or video drifting. (after blender's VSE conversion)
Mar 17 2016
It seems that this problem is pretty much Blender-specific. I'm currently looking at/around https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2005/FFMpeg_Integration for insight.
Mar 16 2016
I get noticeable drift, when rendering (with NLE exclusively) the 20 FPS WMV sample from above, to any output via Blender.
Mar 15 2016
TYPO: All of the above "outfile.wmv" were actually "outfile.avi"... except for the very first one.
ffmpeg 2.8.4 (win64 static):
Mar 13 2016
Sorry, forgot to test the identical (from Blender) on the command-line:
All of these work fine; Audio/Video stays in sync and framerate remains correct (bps varies);
They all keep the correct length (9m:51s):
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodec copy -acodec copy outfile.wmv
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodec copy -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 1 -ar 44100 outfile.mkv
#WARNING: The following command will produce a huge file...
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodes huffyuv -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 1 -ar 44100 outfile.mkv
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodec libx264 -ar 44100 outfile.mkv
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodec libx264 outfile.mkv
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -b:a 192k outfile.mkv
$ ffmpeg -i infile.wmv -vcodec libx264 -ar 48000 outfile.mkv
Mar 11 2016
Cool. Nice work! That doesn't sound like a bug, per se, because it makes sense (logically).
Mar 5 2016
^ The .wmv and .blend file are referenced from my C:\temp\ folder (in case you need to duplicate that structure)
I've created a "wmv.blend" project file that should reflect the (mostly default) settings that I am trying to use to produce this 20 FPS video...
Feb 29 2016
I'm experiencing the same exact problem in version 2.77 RC1.
The particular workflow, that I am using, doesn't utilize a .blend file... unless you would like me to somehow export one that includes my specific settings. Others seem to be experiencing a similar/exact problem, as well, with no mention of WMV:
I've tried it with & without AV-sync. I also tried Frame Drop.
Dec 22 2015
I finally see what you mean about the redundancy. And the new text reads nicely.
I meant replacing the text at:
Dec 21 2015
I would say that references to [ALT]+[LMB] are fine. It is just the fact that there is no mention of enabling this alternative setting in the current documentation:
Dec 20 2015
You are correct. Thank you. I couldn't find that anywhere, in any documentation. But everything is written with the assumption that the "Emulate 3 Button Mouse" option is pre-selected.