Mon, Jul 15
Thu, Jul 11
So is the UI change with 'End' going to be rolled back for now?
The offset(hard/soft cut) values have been exposed as buttons in many years(without limits on invalid values). Here they are in Blender 2.72:
Same situation with '[' and ']' on a DK(non english keyboard) because they need key presses: Alt Gr+8/9 - which makes it impossible to use shortcut keys for all of these functions(on Windows?):
Wed, Jul 10
I don't know if changing the 'End' value to a label is a fix for the above mentioned bug?
But as shown in the gif in the bug report, it also includes the Strip & Hold Offset values. So maybe it's better to leave End as it was(as a know bug), until there is time for a proper fix, or if not, then use the alignment code from Playhead for the End value, so it won't be misaligned?
Just for the record. The 'Move Strip' value(inserted by me) in this gif shows the frame_start value. It shows that the value is relative to/zeros at the point, where the strip is cut:
Which makes me ask: why do the uses need to have access to and alter this value? As compared to the value of where the strip is starting in the timeline(which is the frame_final_start value, shown in the gif as the Start 'value')?
Also, the End value is currently relative to zero in the timeline, and not relative to where it is cut like the now Start value, so this way there is no consistency between what actual values are show as start and end values.
Tue, Jul 9
Mon, Jul 8
Sat, Jul 6
@Richard Antalik (ISS) Maybe this and other Sequencer commits which will not make it into 2.80 RC1 could be added here: https://developer.blender.org/tag/bf_blender:_after_release/
Fri, Jul 5
Related to this: D5152
Thu, Jul 4
Wed, Jul 3
Tue, Jul 2
It gave me errors, but worked when I changed the names of the registered classes to the 2.80 class naming convention.
I uploaded a diff here: D5167 to fix that.
I also added the operator to the to "add" menu and "context" menu.
I changed the descriptions visible in the menu to capitalized, so they would be in consistency with all other menus.
Mon, Jul 1
We don't use popups for this kind of thing, instead the convention is to allow interactive tweaking from the adjust last operation panel.
NB. it needs to be removed from a lot of files:
Sun, Jun 30
view item Show Frame Number Indicator does nothing. (global search shows no usage)
This used to toggle this on/off. The option is also in the timeline View menu, so maybe the operator hasn't been removed, but renamed?:
Sat, Jun 29
Fri, Jun 28
Thu, Jun 27
- Location(in header) renamed to Layout
- Alignment renamed to Alignment X/Y
- Shadow renamed to Use Shadow.
- Separated the shadow checkbox line from the color.
- Shadow Color is the label on the shadow color.
- Added the Input menu to the Text Menu/Context options.
Wed, Jun 26
If the Annotation tool in the Sequencer(timeline) sidebar is supposed to allow annotations drawn on top of the Sequencer timeline area it is not working.
Tue, Jun 25
@Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) For some TE API suggestions Kaio/Iceythe writes:
Mon, Jun 24
So the first step is to locate bugs and shortcomings of the TE API?
If my memory serves me correct, working directly on the selection was not reliable, which made me use the clipboard instead.
Sun, Jun 23
Sat, Jun 22
Fri, Jun 21
Thu, Jun 20
A very difficult sidebar to organize. Great you're having another go at it. Here are my thoughts:
Tue, Jun 18
Mon, Jun 17
@Richard Antalik (ISS) - If you have a moment while going through the VSE functions when updating the manual, could you check the values in the "Timecode" Panel, if they make sense to you? For me, several of them do not. Here are my notes:
- Is it correct 'frame_start' should show the mouse position in relation to original insertion point(or something like that)? - this value is no longer used in the panel.
- 'frame_end' seems broken(not used in panel).
- If the Hold Offset Start is less than the start point of Strip Offset Start, and Strip Offset Start value is changes it will jump to zero, and if extended to the left the hold part of the strip will not be drawn, until the Hold Offset Start value is changed.
- The 'Strip Offset End' shows the number of frames to the end of the source material, this is not very useful in the UI. Ex. to get the strip end to extend to the right(make it longer) you'll have to drag to the left(opposite direction) to decrease the value.
- The Hold Offset Start/animation_offset_start seems completely off. It extends the strip in the end, not in the start.
- There are commented out hold frame duration values in the code.
- Several of the values can be illegal, causing the strips to turn the 'inside out".
- The panel titel "Timecodes" can be misleading - because often time codes means in most cases file embedded time codes. This panel is just Transform values written in SMPTE and frames - and not time codes.
Jun 16 2019
The contents of SEQUENCER_MT_change seems to have been moved into the Input menu in this commit: D2665
Jun 15 2019
This is the width of the VSE sidebar panel from a build I downloaded 19/5 called blender-2.80.0-git.06c4139a6833-windows64:
This has been fixed by D5065.
Jun 13 2019
The following Text Editor Redesign is the result of further discussion with @William Reynish (billreynish)
Jun 12 2019
Pre 2.80 users could only import Movies through the Add menu and therefore they where always was exposed to the import options. With the file browser in the default VSE workspace missing the import settings, most people will never know the existence of them, causing a bad experience.
This patch has been included in this more comprehensive timecode panel fix patch: D5065