- User Since
- Mar 20 2014, 5:04 PM (274 w, 4 d)
Fri, Jun 14
Mon, Jun 10
Just a little note:
The problem here seems to be that curves don't have tangents. You can check this via the tangent node set to UV Map mode.
However, when curves are evaluated as a mesh, they get tangents (e. g. by adding a modifier).
Sun, Jun 9
Fri, Jun 7
Sun, Jun 2
Sat, Jun 1
Sun, May 26
May 23 2019
May 21 2019
This one seems to be a duplicate: T64858
Apr 14 2019
Apr 8 2019
Running Blender 2.79b in console
To run blender from the console:
- Open the folder (with Windows Explorer) where blender.exe is located (most likely "C:\Program Files\Blender")
- Hold the Shift-Key and right click in the folder.
- A context menu comes up. Click on "Open Command Window Here" or "Open Powershell here" or something similar.
- * If it is the command window (cmd), type: blender
- * Otherwise, if it is the powershell, type: ./blender
- And hit Enter.
Blender should now open, and print something to the console window.
I see. Thank you.
@Clément Foucault (fclem) Could you please take a look at this: D4662
I believe that this is an easy to fix artifact, by simply checking whether the normal is facing away from the light source (which is when these artifacts occur).
Apr 7 2019
I can't reproduce this. Volumetrics work for me.
Please make sure to attach a .blend file that demonstrates the problem.
Apr 3 2019
@Andrew Ratzlaff (Exotic) The only thing I can find wrong in this scene is that your Clip Start is very low at 0.000001m which causes some z-fighting.
No crash for me either.
Apr 2 2019
The 32 bit build also crashes sometimes on startup for me, but not consistently.
Sometimes I also get
Mar 31 2019
Mar 30 2019
This is in fact not solved.
I can still reproduce with the newest 2.80 beta build. 98f00a3eb526
Mar 28 2019
Mar 25 2019
Mar 24 2019
Jan 4 2019
I can reproduce.
Apr 11 2018
- sharp edges
- material assignments
Apr 9 2018
Apr 7 2018
Two files for testing. They both are a uv unwrapped cube, however the data is stored in different order.
With the old code, they get different hashes, with the new code, the hash is equal.
Apr 6 2018
Mar 19 2018
I'd say this is not a bug.
The same group name can apparently be reused, and refers to the same group.
Mar 11 2018
I can reproduce this.
Mar 5 2018
BKE_object_defgroup_index_map_apply now removes all weights with invalid def_nr.
If totweight is zero, it will be freed.
@Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) I'm not sure how to do that then.
If we want to keep vertex groups that are out of range, there are different possibilities:
- Map all invalid indices to -1: That could result in a vertex having multiple MDeformWeights with the same def_nr. Also, I don't know if these weights can ever be accessed again.
- Keep all invalid indices: Weights that do not have a mapping to a vertex group in the new mesh keep their def_nr. This means some vertex groups might be merged.
- Keep invalid indices only if they are out of range: Weights that do not have a mapping and are >= totweight are kept. This should not cause problems. But it has to be decided what to do with the weights with valid indices but no mapping, so they don't merge. (Move above totweight or map to -1?)
Mar 4 2018
Demonstration File to show that def_nr can be out of bounds, created with Boolean Modifier "Union" in 2.79:
Add a vertex group to the object and go into edit mode. Click "Select" to see the vertices assigned to the group. The right cube will be selected.
Mar 3 2018
MEM_reallocN instead of MEM_reallocN_id.
Vertex Group Merging is now two functions in BKE_object_deform.h.
Used by Array Modifier and join_mesh_single.
Mar 2 2018
I have added a patch, but I don't know if I did it correctly.
If you can see it: Is it okay to fix it that way?
Feb 11 2017
Dec 2 2016
Oct 24 2015
Sep 22 2015
Sep 15 2015
Tried it on GPU. I also get the fireflies.
And I noticed: the bigger the cylinder, the more fireflies.
Sep 8 2015
May 30 2015
I just wanted to report the same thing...
This is pretty weird, because it works in the viewport.
And it is not true, that it is completely invisible, there are some strange artifacts around the mesh border.
Apr 16 2015
I did not know that this behaviour was intended.
But I think there is no point in having a mirror operator, if it can't mirror rotated objects.
I sometimes create objects wich are linked copies (so I can't just apply the rotation) and having to parent them to an empty to mirror them correctly is a bit weird.
Apr 15 2015
Mar 19 2015
Mar 17 2015
Both, the buildbot build and 2.74rc1 don't crash.
Sorry, I should have checked that before reporting the bug.
Mar 16 2015
Jun 27 2014
The use count option works. Now I don't have to recreate the groups every time I open my scene.
Jun 21 2014
Mar 21 2014
Increasing the Memory Cache Limit solves the problem :)